Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error on 1095A

Got married in 2023.  I was on my mother's 1095A form from May to November.  I put she paid 100% of premiums and I got married in 2023.  It is putting my husband's name as the recipient and will not let me override it.  I filed over 3 weeks ago and have not received my refund.  I think this is the error as he isn't the receipient.  How to I correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Error on 1095A

I think that you are saying that you reported information from an IRS form 1095-A.  

You were covered for health insurance purposes under your parent's plan and reported that information on your jointly filed tax return.  I do not understand how your husband was reported as the recipient.  Do you mean that your spouse was selected as the primary policy holder at the screen Let us know if these situations apply to you?

Please provide more information on how the IRS form 1095-A is in your husband's name.

Has your tax return been accepted?  See this.

If your return has been transmitted and rejected by the IRS, you can correct your tax return and re-transmit.

If your return has been transmitted and accepted by the IRS, you will have to amend your Federal 1040 tax return.  However, before amending your tax return, do not enter the return and do not make any changes.

If you used TurboTax Online, log in to your account and select Amend a return that was filed and accepted.

If you used the CD/download product, sign back into your return and select Amend a filed return

See also this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Error on 1095A

I selected taxpayer as I thought that was the parent.  I sent an amendment correcting it.  Is that correct and how long will it take to receive my refund?

SharonD007
Expert Alumni

Error on 1095A

If you changed the policy holder to spouse, that is correct.  We can't tell you how long it'll take for your amendment to be processed and you to receive your refund.  

Refer to the TurboTax article Will amending delay my original tax refund? Track your amendment at IRS Where's My Amended Return? site. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies