Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OrtegaP
Returning Member

Error on 1040 form for Tax Rebate Credit

Good afternoon,

I did not get my 1 400 stimulus check as it had been estimated that I'd recieve as a refund. I received a letter in the mail that stated that there was an error on my 1040 form but did not specify where I had made the error. How can I find out the error and resubmit to claim the 1,400? I also did jot recieve  the $600 as the other california stimulus refund. What do I have to do to claim this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ConnieCRA
Expert Alumni

Error on 1040 form for Tax Rebate Credit

You didn't receive the Stimulus (3rd $1400)-Recovery Rebate Credit? If you didn't enter the info in your 2021 return for the Recovery Rebate Credit, you will need to Amend to claim the credit.

You can check your account on the IRS website to determine if their records reflect that you have received a stimulus at https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account.  If you don't already have an account, you will need to create one.

You will have to request a payment trace, if the IRS records reflect that you have received your stimulus.  To request a payment trace, call 800-919-9835 or fill out IRS Form 3911.

The link below will provice you additional info and guidance about California Stimulus.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/about-ftb/newsroom/golden-state-stimulus/gss-i.html#When-you-ll-receive-your-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies