Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entering in percentage of income from a mutual fund that has U.S. government income

I am doing taxes and for my mutual fund supplemental information, I received these pages (See screenshots). So when filing taxes I think I would answer yes to, "Is this a mutual fund that has U.S. Government interest income?" It is asking me to put the amount. I see I have 0.03% in US Treasury and 0.01% in Fed Home Loan. I think I would be adding both together to get 0.04% since I think both use government interest income. Where would I find the amount to enter in though? Would I take 0.04% from the income total amount of my 1099, do I take it directly from the security total of 10,048, or where do I get this amount? I attached two seperate screenshots.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 4.04.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-06 3.41.56 PM.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Entering in percentage of income from a mutual fund that has U.S. government income

The amount due to possible government income is trivial. Just answer “no”. 

If I answer no, would it not matter? From my understanding, if anything, I would owe a little more in taxes if I put the percentage in because they would be giving me an exempt on that amount correct? I am in CA if that makes a difference. 

To be tax exempt in California more than half of the assets in the fund have to qualify to be exempt by California. If not, none are tax exempt. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies