enter a 5 digit signature ID

atu75

enter a 5 digit signature ID

I am on the last screen , will press the button to transmit my tax for e-file

it asks a 5 digit signature ID

what is it? Is it a number from before? it says "use any number you like" near it but still asking

just in case i used the same 5 digit number i used last year when i efiled with another company

enter a 5 digit signature ID

This is your IRS 5 digit e-filing PIN.  The first time in your life that you e-file, you can pick any number you like.  Every year after that, you keep using the same number, OR you can use your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from last year's tax return.

RobertG

enter a 5 digit signature ID

You'll be fine. 

The 5 digit signature ID can be any number you like.  Most people use their zip code.

atu75

enter a 5 digit signature ID

It says use any number you like... If we needed to use the same number before or adjusted gross income , it needs to say it there then.....

Luckily, I used the same number I used last year, when I filed with another software. 

Allimae60

enter a 5 digit signature ID

51156

fanfare

enter a 5 digit signature ID

@atu75  There is NO requirement to keep using the same self-select PIN.

Each year you can select any number you like, it is operable next year.

Always put your PIN in a safe place to get around the AGI mismatch problem that so many encounter.,

Your PIN is also stored in your TurboTax file, but based on posts in this forum, most filers don't seem to be able to find it. You must import prior year's file.