pindellm

Employer w'held OH tax in error. Corrected to w'hold in PA where I live. Rec'd two W2s, 1 with OH taxes w'held & 1 with PA taxes w'held. How do I file state returns?

Need guidance filing state tax returns. Employer withheld OH for part of year in error.  I had it corrected to withhold PA tax where I live.  Received two W-2s, one with OH taxes taken out and one with PA tax taken out.  What forms do I need to file with OH and PA?

MiriamF

This year, you will need to file returns for both Ohio and Pennsylvania.

In Ohio, you were a nonresident. You will need to file Affidavit of Non-Ohio Residency/Domicile for Taxable Year 2016 and Ohio IT 1040, in which you will check the Nonresident box.

Pennsylvania tax returns are due on April 15 this year, not April 18. Pennsylvania residents and nonresidents all file Form PA-40.

MiriamF