Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kuenlow

Efile Transmission Error

I am using Turbotax Business 2023 for my S Corp filing. Upon the final step of e-filing, I kept getting the "We're experiencing Internet Transmission problems. Your transmission didn't go through. Intuit's Electronic Filing Center did not receive your return(s). Please try again later. Error: 2" I have tried filing yesterday and today with no luck. Have also tried several different suggested solutions by others like switching Internet browser, turn off pop-up blocker etc. Nothing works so far.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Efile Transmission Error

I also received this error. I was able to get my Federal return to transmit after making a couple of changes - I'm not sure which one was the impediment, so I'll list all of what I did and maybe that will help.

1. freed up more processing power by closing a bunch of browser windows & tabs, and also closing out Adobe Acrobat.

2. after reading other suggestions about issues with form 8453-CORP, I noticed the pdf file I'd uploaded was huge (like 15MB) and I noticed that TT would convert an image, so I reduced the size of the image file of the signed form, and then uploaded that and made TT convert it to a PDF.

After doing that - I still noticed that even tho the software claims I could view the form by clicking "Attachments" in the upper right, there is no "Attachments" tab, button, link whatever, anywhere in the TT Business window. It was like this before too.

Anyhow, after doing all that, I clicked through and clicked Transmit thinking it would fail, but it worked.

Alas, because I had no way to view the attachment (and thus confirm the form 8453-CORP was included) prior to submission I did notice upon downloading the version of the return that was filed appears to have included the unsigned version of form 8453-CORP. 

However, the thing is filed, and so I await rejection or acceptance. I'll keep you posted!

Now if only Oregon would accept efile from TT - off to print 26 pages to send by mail.

I hope that sharing this may help others with their tax compliance, which sadly gets more awful every year.

Best of luck to us all.

Efile Transmission Error

Replying to my own post to say that the IRS has accepted my Federal S-Corp filing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rayhobbs2

Efile Transmission Error

After numerous unsuccessful attempts which included disabling my firewall, I decided to try decreasing the size of my 8453-PE. My original pdf was 16 MB; I reduced the size to 3.9 mb, and my transmission went. My firewall was also disabled during this last (sucessful) attempt, but, as I mentioned before, it had been disabled for all the other attempts. I think reducing the size of the pdf is what made this last attempt successful.

Klow

Efile Transmission Error

Thanks for the tip. That may very well be the culprit. I ended up moving all my files to another PC and able to get the e-file done. But I do have to re-upload the 8453 form during that process. And this time around I just took a picture with my phone instead of using my Printer/Scanner. This very well may be the difference. I hope TurboTax takes more of this and make the necessary tweak to the software to fix this glitch. Thanks again.

Efile Transmission Error

I just had this problem too! The error message is terrible. The first thing I tried was reducing the file size by exporting my > 15Mb pdf to a jpg which was only 166Kb. Re-added to TT and it transmitted just fine. The developers writing that tranmission function need a class in error handling

Klow

Efile Transmission Error

Agree. The Error Message is misleading. Why can't it just say "File Size Exceed Limit" or something more straight forward?

Ralph28

Efile Transmission Error

Don't use PDF for attaching 8453,  TT will not trasmit e-file,  use jpeg for trasmission copy 1/10 the size of PDF file.

Efile Transmission Error

Have had this Error 2 popping up for the last 3 days. I read many "solutions" and followed many of them, but nothing worked...until now!! I reduced the .pdf file size of my signed 8453.  It was originally a bout 15MB, so I did a "save as...reduced size PDF".....reattached it to my return in Turbotax Desktop, and submitted it - it was transmitted instantly.

Thanks!

rayhobbs2

Efile Transmission Error

So glad to know this particular solution worked for you. Thank you for letting me know.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies