Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eFile 1099Misc

I am using TurboTax Deluxe and will be filing 1099Misc for 2021. I was looking for instructions on how to do this but it appears that the Deluxe version no longer covers e-file Forms 1099 and I have to use a much more expensive version of TurboTax??

If the Deluxe still covers r-filing 1099, would you give me step-by-step instructions for this filing? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

eFile 1099Misc

@CoachTheresa  Can you please clarify your question?  Are you asking how to ENTER 1099-MISC (or 1099-NEC) income into the TurboTax program?  Or are you instead asking about preparing and filing (with the IRS) 1099s for contract laborers you've hired and paid?

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

eFile 1099Misc

I hired 3 contractors to work on house projects in 2021, so I need to prepare 1099 Misc for these contractors. It’s simpler to eFile these 1099 Misc within TurboTax, but it appears that the Deluxe version doesn’t support this task. It appears that if I want to eFile 1099 Misc within TurboTax, I need to upgrade to a more expensive version. Is this correct?

i also need step by step instructions for eFiling 1099Misc within TurboTax. The instructions I found aren’t all that helpful.

eFile 1099Misc

Let me correct myself. I am using Premier version. ( not Deluxe)

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

eFile 1099Misc

@CoachTheresa  First things first.  1099s and W-2s for tax year 2021 should have been prepared, e-filed with the IRS, and issued to contractors before January 31, 2022. 

That said, what you're looking for is called TurboTax Quick Employer Forms.  It's a separate program, designed to work only with TurboTax Self-Employed edition in the Online platform, or TurboTax Home & Business in the Desktop (CD/Download) platform.  

You'll have to create an account in QEF before you're able to utilize the program.  Here's a link to the webpage, and another link to QEF FAQs, which are very helpful.

Quick Employer Forms | Sign In (intuit.com)

Quick Employer Forms | Common Questions (FAQ) (intuit.com)

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

eFile 1099Misc

Kat,

You've been most helpful. I just e-filed my tax return minutes ago. I took a break from preparing the 1099 Misc till yesterday. sorry I have not replied to you sooner.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

eFile 1099Misc

@CoachTheresa  So happy you've finished your filing!  And very happy to have been helpful.  Blessings!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies