Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Economic Impact Payment

Today, many people I know received their Economic Impact payments, via bank dd or their Turbotax debit card. 

I didnt. 

I went to check "Get My Payment" on the IRS portal. The portal says my information didn't match their records on file! I filed through Turbotax for 2019, and received my refund already. I pulled my information directly off my tax documents. Then, was locked out of the portal for 24 hours. 

Has anyone else had this problem!? What is going on? How can my information not match theirs on file, when I pulled it directly from Turbotax documents!? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Economic Impact Payment

Hi, 

I currently live overseas (foreign address on my 2019 USA tax returns) and have had the same problem.  The "Get My Payment" option on the IRS website also yielded that the info on my tax return doesn't match their records. 

View solution in original post

73 Replies

Economic Impact Payment

I didn't receive my stimulus check either and when I check the irs payment site it said they didn't have any bank information on file for me but I got my tax return on turbo debit card.

Economic Impact Payment

yes i receive the same information and im confused also

Economic Impact Payment

Same thing happened to me! 

Economic Impact Payment

Hi, 

I currently live overseas (foreign address on my 2019 USA tax returns) and have had the same problem.  The "Get My Payment" option on the IRS website also yielded that the info on my tax return doesn't match their records. 

Economic Impact Payment

I read from Washington Post that lots of people using TurboTax got problem receiving the Economic Impact Payment, myself included.  From what I understand, the problem seems to happen if you have the turbotax filing fee deducted from the tax refund and for some reason the IRS doesn't have the bank information of the taxpayer.  I let turbotax deduct the fee in 2018 but paid the fee outright when I filed 2019.  Nevertheless I still haven't got the EIP.  I went to IRS site, and all it says is Payment Status not Available.  It doesn't say incomplete information, doesn't give me a screen to update my bank information ... You can only read the FAQ or Exit.

I don't know if they are working on it to fix that or what. 

Economic Impact Payment

Same for me also says my information doesnt match whats on file. What a joke is all i can say.

Economic Impact Payment

I had this problem too....

No clue when I'm gonna get my check

This is ridiculous. Get direct deposit information is right there on my tax return. And because I got an Ral. Now I won't see my payment till God knows when. This is appalling. There was no reason for this type of thing to happen to good people

Economic Impact Payment

I will NEVER FILE THROUGH TURBOTAX AGAIN!!! 

There is no reason my basic information doesnt match the IRS information on file. 

I can't get through to talk to Turbotax, or the IRS. Everyone I know got theirs on their Turbotax card or direct deposit. I still can't get into the get my payment portal. As of last night I was locked out again!!

Economic Impact Payment

I cant get into the portal even. 

Economic Impact Payment

I wonder if TurboTax has made any statement at all.  I did a casual search on this I don't really see any here within the turbotax support or community.  I vaguely recall I might have read something from WaPo or WSJ, TurboTax kind of says IRS has all the necessary information to give out the EIP.  It's like not their problem.  So I don't know what else to do, just wait I guess.  My message from IRS is Payment Status not available, I was thinking to manually enter the bank info but there is no screen for me to enter that whatsoever.

Economic Impact Payment

Does anyone else have an overseas address on their tax returns, and has had issues accessing the IRS economic impact payment portal? Personally, I never had any direct debit info included on my returns the last two years. thanks. 

Economic Impact Payment

I would be less upset if I could actually get in. But my problem is my security information isnt matching what the IRS has on file, even though, it matches my tax information.  The only way this could have happened, is if Turbotax submitted my information incorrectly.  Then where is my EIP, when will it be issued. 

Cant contact Turbotax. Even though I paid for services and can not contact the IRS. I am a single parent with 2 kids out of work. 

Turbotax hasn't commented on this. Their lack of COMMUNICATION, after how much I paid, how much money they make off people is b.s. 

Economic Impact Payment

update:

There is a sliver of hope in my case.  finally on 4/18/2020, the Payment Status got updated.  It says the EIP would be going out on 4/22/2020 to my bank, and it gives out the last 4-digit of the bank account number, which is the correct one.  So I am hopeful.  I got there by going through the get my payment page on IRS.  you enter your ss#, date of birth, and your street address and zip to see the status Hope this helps.

Good luck everyone!

Economic Impact Payment

On the get my payment irs tool did you all put dashes in your S.S numbers or just the numbers

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies