Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Economic Impact Payment doesn't match what I received?

I'm working on my taxes and I pulled out my Letter 6475 and my two 6419 (one for me and one for my spouse) all these these 3 letter don't equal up to my what I received last march 2021. What am I missing? TT is asking me about 3rd stimulus payment eligibility of the amount we actually received. But when you add up the three letters, we are $200 over but TT is asking if it matched the number on the 6475 letter. The number on the 6475 letter is slight over half of what we actually got.  It's asking if we got multiple payments for either round and to enter the total. So do I put in there what we actually  for the Jan & Mar Economic Impact payments and if so, does it matter that my letter is incorrect?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

No. Any amount you received in January is not related to the 3rd stimulus payment which is the one you can claim for 2021.  For the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2021 return, you need to report what you received of the $1,400 per person 3rd stimulus payment that was released in March 2021.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do I need to request a new letter then? I'm not sure why the numbers on the 3 different letters don't match anything. It concerns me that the amounts on 3 letters don't make sense. Thanks for the answer.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

The two letters labeled 6419 pertain to the Advance Child Tax Credit payments you received July - December of 2021 and need to be entered there.  You should have a letter 6475 for you and one for your spouse.  To verify the amounts of your letters, you should check your IRS accounts on the website.  See Get Economic Impact Payment Information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OK this makes sense, I guess we lost my wife's letter with her amount.  If she received the same as my letter, then that would equal what we received last March.  Thanks for your quick answers!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies