Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-filing issues with Form 7206 on Turbo Tax Mac Version

Using TT Home and Business 2023 Mac version. IRS rejects the e-filed return. The problem is with erroneous coding of Form 7206 by Turbotax. Using 7206 to claim health insurance premium. Not claiming LTC. Have sent the token to two different agents. No response.

Following up on suggestion by @JR-ASA and @PineappleCrow2 to create a new thread specific to the issue. 

IRS specifying below:

R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

When I go into TT to fix, it specifies below:

An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached

Data in the return is missing or invalid and cannot be electronically filed at this time. If Form 7206(s) are in the return, review the form(s) for accuracy and errors. If the form(s) is attached in error delete it and resubmit the return for electronic filing. If necessary, make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the reject continues, file this return via U.S. Mail, print this federal return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

Link to old thread: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-form-7206-cannot-be-efiled/01/3260878 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I get exact same error message when submitting.  I am running Windows 10.  I likewise have no long-term health insurance but also have a contribution to a SE-401K.  i tried removing my healthcare expenses and then deleting the 7206 form-  I then re-entered my healthcare expenses so it would creste a nee 7602 form, which it did.  In forms, it showed 2 errors that I had to correct:

1) ask if I had any longterm healthcare cost, it was blank so I entered 0

2) Asked how much of my SE/401k contribution was attributed to this business - It was blank and I entered the full amount.

That cleared the errors- I tried resubmitting but still got the same error.

Hope these scenarios help to isolate problem area.

CK

Had sent the token for TT to debug. No response yet.

@ckoontz50 : Any success?

For me, the issue exists as of 03/18/2024. Still waiting to hear back on the token that was sent to TT. 

I have not heard anything from Turbotax.  In reading the IRS requirements for submitting Form 7206, I do not have any of the 3 requirements (more than 1 business, no LT-healthcare expenses, no form 2555) - so not sure why it is trying to send the form (which could be the problem).

One other thing that could be causing the problem for me:

My wife had just over $600 income and received a 1099-NEC which caused Turbotax to create a Schedule C for her.  Her net income was less than $400 so she did not have to pay SE tax.  Her business is non-related to mine and she is not claiming any healthcare expenses under her business.  Her business is under her SS# and mine is under mine.  Turbotax did not create a 7206 for her, but did for me (although I only had one business under my id) - could be a bug in how Turbotax is handling?  Does anyone else have the multiple business scenario?

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The development team has been made aware of the e-filing rejection code that seems related to Form 7206.  They are working to resolve this and request that you use the link in the following TurboTax help article to register your email address for notifications.  The expectation is that this will be resolved in the March 29th program update.

Why is TurboTax adding an incomplete Form 7206 when I'm not required to file it?

@ckoontz50 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a multiple business scenario, Sch C and S Corp K-1 & W-2.  Both have Net Income to use the SE Health Care Insurance Deduction that goes to the Schedule 1.  There are two 7206, one for each, and they both are calculating appropriately.  I have tried to file with just the SCorp 7206 and with both 7206's and get the same error.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies