Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kathyyy
Returning Member

E-Filing Amended 1040-X Return for 2024 - Transmission Error

My Complaint: I spent two hours on the phone with representatives in both the "normal help" and "resolution" centers to learn that the problem I'm having has been previously reported and been in the works for weeks. I don't quite understand why it's taking the TurboTax software engineering team so long to fix this bug. On top of that, cases get closed because "they" don't like tickets being open for too long, i.e. they're going to close my ticket before the problem is fixed. (So fix the problem sooner?) I was told it will be two to three weeks but I'm not holding my breathe.

My Issue: I successfully e-filed my California amended return and it was accepted the same day. However, my Federal amendment cannot be transmitted via the application because of some type of transmission error specifically having to do with Macs. On my first attempt, neither federal nor state were transmitted, but after updating the software, the state went through. Then after restarting my computer, I encountered a new issue where the application began cycling between the "We Recommend E-Filing Your Federal Return" and "We Recommend E-Filing Your State Return" pages. The phone representatives don't have a solution or work around to proceed with e-filing (not their fault). 

It's unacceptable for TurboTax to tell its users that due to this issue, they need to mail in their amendment instead. The point of paying for the application is to be able to e-file. I tried to inquire about how to submit a complaint (maybe they could pay for a third party tax consultant to e-file for me or if the online version works, they could give me free access) but the phone representatives did not have an answer for me there either. 

I don't understand what's the difference between e-filing my original federal tax return and e-filing my amendment. Shouldn't it be the same process except with additional forms? 

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 4.24.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-29 at 4.25.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-29 at 4.25.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-29 at 2.17.43 PM.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies