turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DARROW
Returning Member

E-Filed and accepted using desktop but history shows errors

I e-filed both Fed and State partnership returns back on 9/13/24.  I received emails saying both were accepted.  However the IRS just sent me a letter with a penalty saying I did not file a return for the partnership (they are closed today so I am unable to contact them).  I have to call them to confirm it's not just an error on their end but when I look in TurboTax Business under the File Menu -> Electronic Filing -> Show Electronic Filing Status History I see a bunch of messages showing the state return was accepted but where I think the federal one would be I see "The Intuit Electronic Filing Center did not find any record with this Social Security Number or Employee Identification Number". 

I called Intuit and spoke to someone who said she could see both were accepted and gave me the transmission numbers but I am a little concerned as she did not seem to really understand the issue (she kept reading me instructions that were clearly from the web version of Turbotax) and I am worried those might be state transmission numbers.  Is there any way to get the correct information from the desktop product?  Seeing "The Intuit Electronic Filing Center did not find any record with this Social Security Number or Employee Identification Number" in the history does not give me confidence it was filed correctly and they want $2800 in penalties.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

DARROW
Returning Member

I already spoke to them I was hoping someone here might give better support than reading me instructions that don't apply to my version of TTax.  

@DARROW wrote:

I already spoke to them I was hoping someone here might give better support......  

I understand but you probably won't get it on this forum for this issue.

DARROW
Returning Member

Was actually hoping for more assistance with that error message.  I see it also on my son's personal tax return e-filing.  Tells me it's a bug but I'm not clear if it's actually filing a return or not based on that (I see that it is actually filing based on the "where's my refund" page but there is no such page for businesses)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies