Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjmoor60

E-file Rejections

My on-time e-files kept getting rejected for ridiculous reasons. 

My sign-on to 2023 Turbotax Deluxe determination of whether or not to take the standard deduction or itemized deduction indicated that I should itemize, and I proceeded to do that.

The first attempt to e-file would not let me even continue to transmit at all unless I upgraded to Premium for another $129. I could not continue with my return until I agreed to pay, even though my form was able to be completed under the Deluxe version. (All information from my retirement account was retrieved under Deluxe,) Of course, I agreed to pay, and I transmitted my forms, on time. 

I received my first rejections for both Federal and state and returned to the software to answer a few questions, which i did. However, the program kept insisting that I did not complete my 2022 taxes and that I needed to add my 2022 AGI. Well, I did complete my 2022 Turbotax filing and had the print-off and my bank receipts for >$2000 Federal payment. I proceeded to e-file again, on time, only to be rejected, again.

I returned to the program to "correct" any entries, but this time I was automatically re-started with the standard deduction format. I followed through with this and thought I had finally satisfied the program. Not so! I got a notification that the transmission could not be confirmed to go through - I was instructed to quit the program and take a break for an hour, then come back and try again. By now, I am late by 2 days.

I quit and took a break more than twice before I was instructed to try to pay by credit card instead of direct debit. I tried this a few times before, suddenly, I had the option to transmit my forms again. Finally, at 8:12 this morning, I received notice that My Federal return was accepted. 

Now, not only is my return late, I have transmitted filing status twice - one under itemized with a few rejections, and one under itemized with rejections and acceptance. I have used Turbotax for many years and have NEVER had such a time as this go round! It would have been cheaper to pay an accountant for this reasonably simple and straightforward filing and get it there on time as opposed to the grief I have been put through this year. The upsell of Turbotax versions and assistance is out of hand and the business model should be redesigned.

I am afraid to check my bank account to confirm all the Turbo deductions. I will wait till I am in my cardio appointment this morning where I can get stress assistance and CPR if necessary!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies