Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Johnston2
Returning Member

E File BLANK form for IRC Section 469(c)(7)(A) Election to Aggregate Rental Real Estate Activities

hi, i just e-filed last night using desktop mode and BLANK form to elect to aggregate my real estate IRC Section 469(c)(7)(A) Election to Aggregate Rental Real Estate Activities.  it looks like the form is included in the file that was transmitted. and multiple ppl at turbotax have told me the form was indeed transmitted.  Am I missing something?  Any way for us to make absolute certain the IRS got it?  I'm just concerned because there are mixed messages on the forums with some ppl saying turbo doesn't transmit the "BLANK" form. but it appears on every preview, and on the printout.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

E File BLANK form for IRC Section 469(c)(7)(A) Election to Aggregate Rental Real Estate Activities

You might want to contact Support to verify whether the statement is, indeed, transmitted with the return.

I can tell you that the election is not officially supported by TurboTax (so you might have needed to print and mail).

See https://digitalasset.intuit.com/DOCUMENT/A2ETBITdw/122122-2022-unsupported-calcs-L1FQfTTgn.pdf

Johnston2
Returning Member

they say it shld indeed be transmitted.  I'm wondering what all the fuss is about on these forums--that got me worried.  Am wondering if you know anyone who has officially followed up with the IRS to make 100% certain they received it?  I called the IRS earlier today and they said they don't have the return processed yet--won't for another 3 weeks.  But once it's in they shld be able to see all pages of the return and confirm that "blank" form is indeed present--which--no reason why it shouldn't be.  I can't be the first one to have wondered about this.  If we do indeed need to print and mail, turbo should have told us to do so?  Instead of allowing us to e-file--which the statement on the "blank" form included in every final copy?

@Johnston2 

Although I understand why you're calling it a "blank form", but it should at least have the requisite statement, be entitled properly (as the election), and contain your name and tax ID number. 

I have to presume that if you were told the statement was transmitted, that it was, indeed, transmitted. Regardless, you are correct in stating that the program should have warned you in the event e-file was not supported if the return package contained that statement.

Hello there,

Did you ever follow up with IRS to see if blank form was actually received via e file? 
Thank you.

Probably the only follow-up that would produce the result desired would be to file a Form 4506.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

This response does not answer my question.

@jpiccolo81 wrote:

This response does not answer my question.

Who were you asking? Me or the other person in this thread who hasn't posted in over 5 months?

If you were asking me, then the answer is a flat "no".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies