Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Duplicate w-2

I was on short-term disability after I had my son my employer paid the premium so I ended up getting two W-2s from my company. One had my regular earnings and one was my short-term disability. When I entered them into TurboTax it said I had duplicate W-2s. I know I entered everything incorrectly and now I’m receiving a 60 day review and I’m thinking that’s why should I have put that other W-2 somewhere else? I’m so confused and don’t know if I need to amend this 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Duplicate w-2

TurboTax will not allow you to submit two Forms W-2 with the same EIN as it will appear to be an error. To resolve this, you can add the amounts in each box of the W-2 together and enter the totals on one W-2 form in TurboTax. If you have not already e-filed, you can do this and delete the second W-2 form in TurboTax.

It sounds like you have already e-filed your return and it is being processed.  Once it is fully processed, you will know better if you have to amend your tax return.  But if that is the only issue it is unlikely that you will need to amend.

You can contact the IRS if your tax return is still being processed for almost 60 days. The IRS is reviewing your return because there is something in your return that they want to verify or look at more closely.  It does not necessarily indicate that you are being audited by the IRS, but it just means that the IRS is taking a closer look at your return.

If your return remains in the “being processed” status for more than 21 days, you may contact the IRS directly and ask for additional information. The IRS requests that you wait 21 days before contacting them but, you are past this waiting period.

The number you can use to call the IRS is 1-800-829-1040. 

Click here for additional information on contacting the IRS.

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies