turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

phoo422

Downgrade service - I do NOT need TurboTaxlive - can't figure out why it defaulted to that, but I would like to remove it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Downgrade service - I do NOT need TurboTaxlive - can't figure out why it defaulted to that, but I would like to remove it.

While you’re welcome to downgrade, you may miss some features—and you’ll be prompted to upgrade when those features are needed.

If you still want to downgrade, use the Clear and Start Over feature.

For more information on how to downgrade, please click the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288495

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ksks

This didn’t work for me. I tried, and all it said was you can’t delete until you pay for the services. 

This isn't working for me either. It seems to default to the service I used last year, and when I clear and start over, it just turns it on again.

[Edit:] Tried "clear and start over" again and it did work. I had to go *very carefully* through the first few steps of the process, because the UI tries to railroad me straight back into the product I used last year by offering just that one up front, with a big "Get started free" orange button. I had to look for the small text below that says something like "See all products" to pick the one I actually want.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies