Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Double Down Settle

I am wondering if anyone else received the DoubleDown class action settlement.  I has now been three months since I filed my taxes and I haven't received me refund.  I never received any kind of form to file with my taxes so therefore did not claim the income.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Double Down Settle

That class action income is not taxed. 

Double Down Settle

Regardless of when the case settles, any settlement is not taxable income to you until the date you are actually paid.

For this specific settlement, because this is a reimbursement of costs you paid to purchase a "product" (in this case, gaming credits), the settlement would only be taxable if you previously deducted your purchases as a gambling or business expense, or if the settlement was for more than you originally paid.  

Double Down Settle

Thanks I hope you are right.  I just don't know why the irs is holding my return.  It has been 3 months since I filed.  Have you heard of others who received money from the double down settlement?

Double Down Settle

One other poster mentioned that they received no form from the settlement, probably because it is not taxable. 

Double Down Settle

@debbiecply wrote:

Thanks I hope you are right.  I just don't know why the irs is holding my return.  It has been 3 months since I filed.  Have you heard of others who received money from the double down settlement?

Sometimes, your IRS transcript will have a code on it indicating the reason for a hold.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

I assume you have already checked "where's my refund" and verified that the IRS has your return in process and has not paid a refund yet?

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies