Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

adenberg

Does turbotax lower the cost of its products when there is a bug in the software?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does turbotax lower the cost of its products when there is a bug in the software?

Why is Qualified Disaster Distribution appearing even though i said no?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7253580

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

6 Replies

What bug?
adenberg

When enter RMD (required minimum distribution) info, got trapped in inapplicable dialog stream re disasters.
adenberg

When entering RMD (required minimum distribution) info, got trapped in inapplicable dialog stream re disasters.  A lot of wasted time and aggravation.
adenberg

I saw the write-up about "Qualified Disaster Distribution" and RMD -- but only after wasting time and being confused and annoyed.  Obviously there IS a bug.  Now, again....the question I asked: does turbotax lower the cost of its products for those who are adversely affected by its bugs?

No. They fix the bug but it takes time to get it into a scheduled update release.   It is only an inconvenience and does not affect anything if you just click through all the screens and do not enter anything.  I do it many times a day testing various 1099-R issues, but the calculations are correct - just a PITA to click through all the disaster screens.   (Adds 15 seconds to enter a 1099-R).
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Why is Qualified Disaster Distribution appearing even though i said no?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7253580

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies