Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do small jobs. I was paid in cash. Dont have1099 or w2. I have receipts for products What would be my best solution for getting taxes back or can I even?

Since I had to buy products and gas for my saws and what not can I claim just from having those receipts or would I have to pay the irs
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HelenaC

Do small jobs. I was paid in cash. Dont have1099 or w2. I have receipts for products What would be my best solution for getting taxes back or can I even?

You will be able to claim all your expenses related to your income. You may have to pay taxes because when you are self-employed, you have to pay Self-employment Taxes (SE taxes) in addition to income taxes. The SE tax rate is 15.3% with 12.4% for Social Security and 2.9% for Medicare.

For additional information, click on How does my side job affect my taxes?

To enter self-employment income and expenses, you may use the following TurboTax versions:

To enter your income and expenses: 

1. Type Sch C in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link. 
  2. This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. 
  3. You may first be asked some general questions about your business. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's get income for (your line of work) screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income.
  4. When you’re self-employed, you’ll also want to review your expenses. If they are work-related expenses, you can deduct them.

Related Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies