Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do not sign up for the Credit Karma money card!! My account was hacked and everything transferred out

I have used Turbo Tax for over 10 years. I am not sure why I signed up to get my taxes on the credit Karma card because it usually goes to my bank. Big mistake!! This morning March 5th,2024 a call came through to me that someone was on my Karma account trying to change my password. I hit one like instructed to block it but it was to late. Within 10 minutes that had changed my e-mail, password and phone number. They had linked an account and transferred every bit of my $3,600 except the $10 they could not transfer due to their not being enough to cover the fee. When I called them as it was happening I could not get anyone who spoke good English to help me. NO one seemed to understand my account had been compromised and I could not file a dispute through the website. It took me from 8am until 11am to finally get the dispute filed just to be told that it could be up to 120 days until it's resolved. I do plan on filing a police report but what am I supposed to do for my child who depends on me for 120 days? I do not give my passwords to anyone and I do not stay logged in on any device at my home so this was an outside hack. I will fight this until the end because that was my money that they allowed someone to come in and take. Who lets two transfers that big go through in one day anyway? Where are the precautions to keep fraud like this from happening on their end? DO not ever use this card!!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies