brobo420

Do my twins had to have turned 6 months old before January 1st, 2019 to be able to claim them? Or can I just wait until they are 6months old and then file to claim them?

Texas Roger

If your twins were born anytime during 2018, just say they lived with you the whole year. That is the correct answer for a child born during the year. 

Texas Roger

brobo420

They were born August 31st 2018 so they will be 6months at the very beginning of March.

But I understand what you’re saying. Thanks so much for your help!
Texas Roger

The requirement for a child to have lived with you for more than 6 months does not apply to a child born during the year.