Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cchinetti

Do I qualify for health insurance tax credit benefits if I enrolled through the MA Health Connector and received coverage via NHP?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SDBaldie

Do I qualify for health insurance tax credit benefits if I enrolled through the MA Health Connector and received coverage via NHP?

Thanks for the extra information. I can't tell exactly from your answer, but it sounds like you were covered year round. If that's your situation, indicate that you had covered for the year on the first page of the Health Insurance section. Say "yes" on the next screen, indicate that you got an Obamacare plan, and then enter the 1095-A information for May. TurboTax will reconcile the tax credit based on what you earned. For some they get a credit, for others they pay some of the credit back. It's how the credit works. Shouldn't be too high one way or the other for you as you only had it for one month. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SDBaldie

Hi - did you get a 1095-A form from them?
cchinetti

I have had 4 different health insurers. For the month of May I did receive a 1095-A. However, I received coverage through COBRA for January and February. And Free Mass Health for March and April in which I received the state and federal forms required 1099-HC and 1095-B.
SDBaldie

Thanks for the extra information. I can't tell exactly from your answer, but it sounds like you were covered year round. If that's your situation, indicate that you had covered for the year on the first page of the Health Insurance section. Say "yes" on the next screen, indicate that you got an Obamacare plan, and then enter the 1095-A information for May. TurboTax will reconcile the tax credit based on what you earned. For some they get a credit, for others they pay some of the credit back. It's how the credit works. Shouldn't be too high one way or the other for you as you only had it for one month. Hope this helps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies