Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arainey5

Do I need to include any original tax papers when I send in my federal and state tax returns? The processing time? What is required when sending federal and state?

How to send by mail once completed Turbotax. I have federal and state ready to print and mail, but where and what? What documents need to be included?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

Do I need to include any original tax papers when I send in my federal and state tax returns? The processing time? What is required when sending federal and state?

For the federal tax return, attach copies of your W-2 forms and any 1099-R that shows federal taxes withheld.  In the vast majority of cases that's all you need to send.  Mail your federal tax form to the address shown on the filing instructions page.  If you can't find that page, please follow this link for the correct address.  Where to file paper returns 

For your state return, different states have different requirements.  Please review the filing instructions or consult your state tax agency for more information.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardG

For the federal tax return, attach copies of your W-2 forms and any 1099-R that shows federal taxes withheld.  In the vast majority of cases that's all you need to send.  Mail your federal tax form to the address shown on the filing instructions page.  If you can't find that page, please follow this link for the correct address.  Where to file paper returns 

For your state return, different states have different requirements.  Please review the filing instructions or consult your state tax agency for more information.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies