Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Viperrtn

Do I need to attach the W2's, interest forms for mailing, if I can't sent in the tax return by efile

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to attach the W2's, interest forms for mailing, if I can't sent in the tax return by efile

Yes, if you can't e-file & you mail in your return. Attach a copy of your W2's and interest form to your return.

Assemble Your Federal Return
Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040 in order of the “Attachment Sequence No.” shown in the upper
right corner of the schedule or form. If you have supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules
or forms they support and attach them last. Do not attach correspondence or other items unless required to do so.
Attach Forms W-2 and 2439 to the front of Form 1040. If you received a Form W-2c (a corrected Form W-2), attach
your original Forms W-2 and any Forms W-2c. Attach Forms W-2G and 1099-R to the front of Form 1040 if tax was withheld.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, if you can't e-file & you mail in your return. Attach a copy of your W2's and interest form to your return.

Assemble Your Federal Return
Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040 in order of the “Attachment Sequence No.” shown in the upper
right corner of the schedule or form. If you have supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules
or forms they support and attach them last. Do not attach correspondence or other items unless required to do so.
Attach Forms W-2 and 2439 to the front of Form 1040. If you received a Form W-2c (a corrected Form W-2), attach
your original Forms W-2 and any Forms W-2c. Attach Forms W-2G and 1099-R to the front of Form 1040 if tax was withheld.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies