Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tbhensley

Do I have to include qualified dividends in both the box designated for "qualified dividends"and the "other income and losses" box in the estimated tax calculator in TT?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have to include qualified dividends in both the box designated for "qualified dividends"and the "other income and losses" box in the estimated tax calculator in TT?

on form 1099-div qualified dividends line 1b are included in line 1a total ordinary dividends.  enter the 1099-div exactly as shown. except for foreign taxes no entries are needed anywhere else. 

Did you get an answer to this?  The July, 2020, reply was not about the Estimated Tax form in TurboTax.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

When using the W-4 and estimated taxes section of TurboTax, it asks you to estimate your Qualified Dividends in the Capital Gains and Losses section, because those dividends will be taxed at your Capital Gains rate. 

In the "other income and losses" box, include dividends that are not Qualified Dividends, interest income, retirement income, and other items not listed elsewhere in the calculation. 

The Learn More links next to these questions contain explanations as to what to enter in the box provided.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies