lee3372

Do i get a refund from unemployment 2020 paid taxes if the amount on my taxes i filed with yall on line 8 has a negative amount and the abbrev. UCE

Hal_Al

Q.  Do I get an additional  refund from unemployment 2020 paid taxes if the amount on my taxes I filed with TurboTax  has a negative amount on line 8 of Schedule 1and the abbrev  UCE?

A. No. The tax return you filed already included the unemployment exclusion (deduction) allowed by the new law.  The additional automatic refund from the IRS is for those who did not file with the negative UCE amount on line 8.

This assumes that the negative amount on line 8 was $10,200 or the amount on line 7, whichever is less (this also assumes your spouse did not also have unemployment).

rjs

Reply deleted.