cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Do I enter the amount of debt forgiven from a 1099 c in the state section too? Specifically where it says "Additions to federal income"

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Do I enter the amount of debt forgiven from a 1099 c in the state section too? Specifically where it says "Additions to federal income"

No.  If you entered it into your federal return, it will roll over into your state return.  

2 Replies
Level 7

No.  If you entered it into your federal return, it will roll over into your state return.  

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. What confused me is when  I added it into the federal it said "You may have to add the amount of your debt  forgiveness on your state return" And then in the state section there is a  question about "Additions to federal income". So if there is nothing in it, I dont add the amount of the debt forgiveness correct?