Do I enter the amount of debt forgiven from a 1099 c in the state section too? Specifically where it says "Additions to federal income"

No.  If you entered it into your federal return, it will roll over into your state return.  

Thanks for the reply. What confused me is when  I added it into the federal it said "You may have to add the amount of your debt  forgiveness on your state return" And then in the state section there is a  question about "Additions to federal income". So if there is nothing in it, I dont add the amount of the debt forgiveness correct?