dangioffre

Do I add my 401k W2 the same way as adding my job W2? The boxes are different from the Paper W2 I have vs what I see online. Sorry it may seem silly.

KatherineC

To record your 401(k) distribution you will need to:

• Log into your TurboTax return
  • Click on Federal
  • Click on Wages & Income
  • Scroll to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • Click on the Show More button if needed
  • Click on the button beside IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) (See screenshot below)
  • You will be asked if you have any of the types of retirement income listed – you will need to answer yes

Go on through the next couple of screens entering your information.  When you get to “Enter your 1099-R”, you will enter all the information exactly as it is reported on your Form 1099-R. 

KatherineC

• Log into your TurboTax return
  • Click on Federal
  • Click on Wages & Income