harlemchick

Dividends as W2

I received dividends (should have come as 1099 DIV) as a W2.  TurboTax imported the W2.  How do I adjust my 1099DIV interest income?

AmandaR1

Dividends as W2

When a tax form is issued to you incorrectly, you should request a corrected form from the person/business who issued you the form. This is important because your forms are also submitted to the IRS.

To delete your W-2 entry:

1. Log in and click Take me to my return
  2. Click Federal Taxes and then Wages & Income  (If you have the blue button 'Check for more income', click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
  3. Next scroll down to Wages & Salaries and click Show more
  4. Click Revisit next Wages & Salaries
  5. Next, you'll be on a summary screen of all W-2s entered. Next to the applicable W-2, click Delete next to the Edit button

The only way to report dividend income is by entering a Form 1099-DIV. To enter this form:

1. Login and click Take me to my return
  2. Next, select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you have the blue button Check for more income click it, and then click Skip to see all income)
  3. Scroll down to the Interest and Dividends section and click the blue hyperlink Show more
  4. Click Start/Revisit next to Dividend on 1099-DIV.
  5. Next, you'll be able to enter your dividend income. 

fanfare

Dividends as W2

Employers don't pay dividends; there is no Dividends box on a w-2.
What box are you talking about.?
AmandaR1

Dividends as W2

To delete your W-2 entry:

4. Click Revisit next Wages & Salaries

1. Login and click Take me to my return