connie-sachar

Disabled dependant

The county I reside tested and qualified my 17 year old for disability services with the county and approved him to get on the disability waiver waiting list. Does this qualify as disabled?

SeanE1

Disabled dependant

From what you are telling me, your child would certainly meet the criteria used by the IRS to determine if a child is disabled.  You may want to get something in writing in case you need it in the future.  The following passage is from the IRS and I have included a LINK below where you can learn more.

"Proof of Permanently and Totally Disabled. To prove your claim of EITC for a child who is permanently and totally disabled, you need a letter from the child’s doctor, other healthcare provider or any social service program or agency verifying the child is permanently and totally disabled."

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/disability-and-earned-in...

SeanE1

Disabled dependant