Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zeldah01

Did tax return my itin was expired they send the rest but hold child tax credit because of the itin.We renewed itin how long will it take to receive the missing return?

We e-filed for 2017 tax return but my itin was expired we got a letter they taxed my husband and send the rest . They hold the child credit for all 3 kids. We send the application to renew within 2 days of getting the letter .Got the renewal letter about 3 weeks after sending the application . How long will it take for them to deposit the rest? It said on the letter we only had to renew to get the missing credit.   We respond to the letter within the 60 days which we did . We are at 51  today .Letter March12,application was received March27,original papers send back April17, letter with itin renewal says April20...is there anything else we have to do or will they automatically deposit the rest ? 1sr letter only says. If an amount on you return was disallowed due to the presence of an expired itin, you need to file a complete Form W-7 with supporting documents  to renew the itin. You also need to attach a copy of this notice to your Form W-7 to receive the disallowed credit upon renewal of itin. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
nanylove

Did tax return my itin was expired they send the rest but hold child tax credit because of the itin.We renewed itin how long will it take to receive the missing return?

Hi I know it's been a year since you posted but I had questions because I am having the same problem and I was hopeing you could answer me

Only the IRS can tell you how long it will take.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies