Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did i have to file for my stimilus check? I. On ssi. Have been for 20 years. Im seperated an my soon to be x domt file hasnt in 7 years. ? So will i get it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Did i have to file for my stimilus check? I. On ssi. Have been for 20 years. Im seperated an my soon to be x domt file hasnt in 7 years. ? So will i get it?

You should.

The Treasury Department indicated that if you receive your Social Security income and do not have a tax filing requirement, you will either have your stimulus payment deposited directly into your account or have a check mailed to you.

Social security income stimulus payments

I also recommend checking the IRS website link below for updates periodically.  

There is information to guide you in determining if you are eligible for the stimulus payments as well as how you will be able to update your information once the IRS opens its web-based portal.

Stimulus payment information from the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

there is no need to file for the stimulus payment since you receive SS.  They plan to direct deposit it into the same account you currently receive your monthly SS payment.  That is expected to occur in the last two weeks of April

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies