Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Detail? My K-1, #13, entry is listed as code "W". Detail supplied description says "specially allocated depreciation" w/ a note saying it's book based, check "Misc ?"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Detail? My K-1, #13, entry is listed as code "W". Detail supplied description says "specially allocated depreciation" w/ a note saying it's book based, check "Misc ?"

As I'm sure you noticed "specially allocated depreciation" (SAD) is not one of the choices when entering "Code W detail."  Since it is listed as a deduction, if you select Section 754 depreciation, it will subtract the amount from the portion of income allocated to you.  To do this:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income
  2. In the S-Corps, Partnerships, and Trusts section click on the box next to Schedule K-1.  [Screenshot #1, below.]
  3. Click Yes on the next screen, Did you receive any Schedules K-1?
  4. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to the type of entity (partnership, S-corporation, or trust/estate) that issued the K-1.   [Screenshot #2]
  5. If you have already entered K-1 information, you will see a Summary screen.  Click Edit to continue with the existing form entry.  [Screenshot #3]
  6. If you haven't started entering K-1 information, continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
  7. On the Enter Box 13 Info screen, enter the amount and select Code W - other deductions.
  8. On the next screen, Enter Code W Detail, mark the box for Section 754 depreciation and enter the amount listed on your K-1 and click Continue [Screenshot #4]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax ask me to enter Code W Detail about Box 13 in K-1 Form. TurboTax give me the options below to choose. But I don't know which one to choose. Could you tell where I can find the info from my K-1 form? Btw, the it is $0 for the code W.

TurboTax list down the options below for me to choose:

1) Early Withdrawal Penalty

2) Inverstment Interest Expenses

3) Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions

4) Nonpassive Deductions to be Reported on Schedule E, Page 2

5) Section 754 Depreciation

6) Taxes and State Income Tax Withheld

7) I Have Another Description Item

Thx!

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Leave the Box 13 line blank - no code or amount.

if the amount reported in Box 13, Code W is "0", then don't make an entry for this item - there is nothing to report.

If there were a material amount reported in Box 13, Code W, then select "5) Section 754 Depreciation" (this is "specially allocated depreciation").  A section 754 depreciation adjustment reported on the supplemental information page of a K-1 does not usually need to be reported anywhere on the individual tax return.

See Entering a Section 754 or 743(b) adjustment on an individual return for additional information.

@jaychow38

Thanks for the great answer. Since the amount is $0, i really can't think of any reason i should insert the code W in Box 13 when I enter info into TurboTax. That only create more problem for me. Thx!

Nrouhani1
Returning Member

when i enter section 754 depreciation code w on line 13 of k1 it has no impact on my taxes but when i deduct the figure form line 2 of k1 it does. shoudl i go ahead and deduct it form line 2 of k1 form rather than showing it on line 13

Nrouhani1
Returning Member

i dont see reference to partnership or state when i click on wages and income to get to line 13 code w

Nrouhani1
Returning Member

PROBLEM IS when i enter code W for line 13 of form 1065 k-1. figure has no impact on my taxes. it seems line 13 code W is not working properly. anyone had experience this?

Nrouhani1
Returning Member

i have an amount on line 13 code W which is for section 754 depreciation but when i enter that amount on line 13 it has n o impact on my taxes . where as it should reduce my taxes any one knows why? i keep deducting it from line 2 of k-1 ratehr than putting it on lne 13.

is it a passive activity? if so you may be subject to passive loss limitation. look at form 8582

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies