Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

malmit
Returning Member

Deducting Health Insurance Premiums Single Member LLC

I operate an LLC for my rental properties but am full time employed and my wife is not employed.  My company provides employees the opportunity to purchase unsubsidized health insurance at full cost of an employee.  The company medical insurance rates are well above all individual medical insurance plans that I have priced.  Can I purchase individual medical insurance and deduct it for my LLC?

According to this page: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/home-ownership/deducting-health-insurance-premiums-if-youre-sel...

"You can only claim the health insurance premiums write-off for months when neither you nor your spouse were eligible to participate in an employer-subsidized health plan."

Based on this comment, it sounds like I will be able to deduct it from my LLC since my employer provides unsubsidized medical insurance.  Am I reading this correctly?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Deducting Health Insurance Premiums Single Member LLC

The premium may be deductible as an itemized deduction (subject to limitations), but you cannot deduct the premiums directly from your rental income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies