roy93648

Currently going through a divorce. Me and my wife will be filing married but seperate. It is asking me to provide her social, but she won’t provide because her paralegal said I don’t need it

KurtL1

You should have your attorney contact her attorney to obtain needed information. She will also need your Social Security Number when she files her return. You could possibility arrange an information exchange.

If you have copies of your prior tax returns you would be able to obtain her Social Security Number from these documents. 

If you are still unable to obtain the information, you can file separately without the spouse's Social Security Number. You will need to mail in the return. The return cannot be e-filed. 

Include a cover letter with the return explaining why the Social Security Number for the spouse is missing. 

(To print the return, just ignore any Social Security Number error messages.)

See topic How do I file separate without spouses social ...

KurtL1