Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CSF FORM 1099R

My 2023 CSF FORM 1099R has "UNKNOWN" in box 2a taxable amount and "UNKNOWN" in box 9b total employee contribution. My 2022 CSF FORM 1099R has "UNKNOWN" in box 2a taxable amount and "UNKNOWN" in box 9b total employee contribution. My 2021 CSF FORM 1099R has "UNKNOWN" in box 2a taxable amount and shows "64199" in box 9b total employee contribution. 

Last year 2022 my taxes were done by a CPA and they used in box 1 the gross distribution amount and in box 2a they placed an amount that was 10% less than in box 1 even though the 2022 CSF FORM 1099R stated "UNKNOWN" in box 2a taxable amount. What do I use this year 2023 for box 2a taxable amount. I am using TURBO TAX DELUXE download that I bought at Costco.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

CSF FORM 1099R

1. For whatever reason, the OPM likes to put UNKNOWN on the CSF form. Just leave that box (those boxes) blank.

2. The "64199" in 9b represents the total amount of after-tax contributions that you made to your plan while you were working. Be grateful that they did this because it allows people to calculate what percentage of your distribution is taxable.

Note, it is likely that if you took distributions over the full year in 2023 and 2022, then the taxable amount that the CPAs determined for 2022 will be the same as for 2023. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies