kimberly18joanne

Covered under my parent's insurance up until I turned 26 in Nov 2016. I then covered myself through Healthcare.gov for the last month of last year. Do I need my parent's healthcare info on my tax return?

His insurance also mistakenly told me I was going to be dropped in January 2016 so for part of the year, I applied and had my own insurance. Just to find out I was still covered!!!
TaxGuyBill

If your parent's insurance was NOT Marketplace insurance, you don't need to enter anything from that other than saying you had insurance for those months.

If you had Marketplace insurance AND was still under your parent's insurance during the same month, you do not qualify for the Premium Tax Credit for that month.  That means you need to enter $0 in column B for those months.  TurboTax will give you an error for that, and will not let you e-file.  You will need to file by mail.

kimberly18joanne

Thanks Bill.