Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Harper22

Correcting incorrect depreciation from previous tax year 1065

The cpa who was doing taxes for the partnership for the first two years of business basically disappeared last year - no responding to calls or email - so I filed 2022 business taxes right before the extension period expired. He finally sent over one 2021 depreciation form recently, and there are some differences in his form vs what I was able to recreate prior to filing.  I am thinking that I need to go back and amend 2022 depreciation info,  send out revised K-1s to the partners and have them amend their personal returns, and then update the 2023 return in progress (filed an extension while I tried to get additional info from the cpa)? Or should I just put in the correct information in the 2023 return with the placed in service information, correct the previous depreciation numbers and go forward?  Unfortunately when I try to hire a new cpa they won't meet with me until I get all schedules and worksheets from the previous cpa, and I have been unable to get that information from him. Thanks for any insight.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

What kind of differences and/or to what were the differences attributable?

Harper22

The differences - 27.5y category 30K for a rental property were claimed in 2021 but not 2022 (2023 has an extension). I was told after the September extension filing deadline that the cpa would not be filing for 2022 and he would not reply to any calls/emails, so the filing was rushed. I still can't get him to provide any of the supporting worksheets other than the one depreciation page he sent recently.

You can amend your 2022 return (and probably should) before you file your 2023 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies