Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Confusing TurboTax screen on K3 line 54 questions

I'm using TurboTax 2022 Home & Business for Mac. I have a Schedule K-1 (it's an investment fund) with attached Schedule K-3 that has some foreign interest. I've gotten partway through filling out the TT screens when I reach one for line 54 that is especially confusing. See the below image where I've circled the 2 lines in Red. 

Pretend my line 54 column f has 100 in it and the total of lines 39-43 column f is 25. What do I enter into the 2 boxes outlined in red below?

On related, but separate note, my K3 shows a number in column A (US source) as well as a small amount of foreign source numbers. I'm never asked to enter any amount in column A. Is this a TT bug or am I supposed to add/subtract the foreign amounts from the US amount in some way?

TURBOTAX K3 SCREEN.jpg

Thanks!!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Confusing TurboTax screen on K3 line 54 questions

Since your post gives the example "total of lines 39-43 column f is 25" this is what you enter in the first box you outlined in red for Interest Expense (as it asks for the "column F - sum of lines 39-43") and your example "line 54 column f has 100 in it" means you put 75 in the second box (100 - 25 = 75).

The K-3 entry interview asks you to input the key items from your Schedule and refers to the columns you need to reference.  Column A (US source) is not referenced because it is for informational purposes to you as the recipient only.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies