Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Confused About Instructions Provided for State Income Tax Return.

Hi Turbotax Community!

I unfortunately need to mail in my federal and state tax returns. The issue I have is with the state tax return in
which the printed instructions from Turbotax are stating that I need to attach my W-2, W-2G and 1099-R forms. What do I do if I never received the W-2G and 1099-R forms? I did enter on my federal tax return under Additional Income that I won $72.00 in the lottery. However, I never took any money out of my retirement fund and wondering why is it asking for a 1099-R.  Did I make an error while filling out my return which is why Turbotax is asking me to attach forms I never received? Any assistance on what I should do would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

bad programming. That is an incorrect message. i got the same message and I had no gambling winnings or retirement distributions. All you need to attach is your state copy of the W-2 and mail.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

bad programming. That is an incorrect message. i got the same message and I had no gambling winnings or retirement distributions. All you need to attach is your state copy of the W-2 and mail.  

Hey Mike,

Thanks for feedback and I sure hope that’s the case.  I’ll be file a W7 along with my federal return and just hoping alls good!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies