boostedkseries30

Completed and recieved federal income! turbotax states that my state return is incomplete! please help!

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Your state return(s) may not have been transmitted with the federal return and will show a status of incomplete if you filed your federal return by itself (or with another state). 

You can check the e-file status of your federal and state returns by clicking here:  Check your e-file status

If your federal return has been accepted you can e-file your state return.  E-filing a state by itself is only allowed once a federal return is accepted. 

Follow these steps to e-file your state return once the federal return has been accepted: 

1. Sign back in to your TurboTax account.  You will be on your Tax Home screen.
  2. Scroll down to the 2019 menu towards the bottom of the screen.
  3. Click on the Add a State box at the bottom of the screen.   [Don't worry, we're not really adding a state, this is just a way to re-enter your return since the federal return has been filed and accepted.]
  4. If you not completed your state return, click on the State Taxes tab.  If you have completed your state return, click on the File tab and go through the prompts to file your state return.

[Edited | 4/14/2020 |  11:17am PDT]

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 4/14/2020 |  11:17am PDT]

Striker4186

I could not locate a "Add a STATE box".

Striker4186

My 2019 Federal Return has been completed but I'm having a problem

adding the State Return.