Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Class Action re: expiring access to purchased software

Count me among the users that was surprised to discover that I can't access software I purchased for 2019 due to Intuit not supporting the license. I do not see anything in their license about this only being a three year license.

For myself I am pursuing this on three paths, please join me:

1. Class-action v Intuit. If one is started, direct me. Otherwise I can/will.

2.  All of these digital products were purchased from Amazon. That may be party to the case but more likely can exert leverage.  

3.  IRS has a deal with TT, that's why there is a free version.  You would think that the IRS would require that TT keeps their programs accessible until the end of the record retention period. (7 years?).

I doubt this is the end of this for Intuit. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

There is a new software license each year. In the current license for the desktop product, it clearly states:

"TurboTax tax preparation and ItsDeductible donation valuation service for tax year 2023 are subject to discontinuation. TurboTax tax preparation software shall not be supported beyond October 15, 2026."

You would have to research the license for each year and each product.

No software company supports the same version of a software product indefinitely.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There is a difference between supporting and withholding my access to a product I purchased.  Why do you think Amazon still has these titles in my digital vault?  Does anything you buy stop working the day the warranty (ie support) expires?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies