turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Junger78
Returning Member

City of Detroit refund

I have STILL not received my 2021 City of Detroit refund. I’ve checked my status and called and spoke to numerous Lansing employees and everyone says it’s still waiting to be reviewed. It’s been five months total. After a month I saw that it was flagged for review, I called them, they walked me through the updates and I sent the pieces in that Turbo Tax didn’t auto populate for the e-file and now it’s been four months since all that. They received my info, said it’s all good now and I just have to wait. Any suggestions on filing a complaint?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

City of Detroit refund

@Junger78 wrote:

Any suggestions on filing a complaint?  

With whom?

Junger78
Returning Member

City of Detroit refund

The City of Detroit. Was not sure if there is a specific number i can call or email. Probably not. It’s all run by Lansing and no longer by City itself and I’ve talked to Lansing at least 6 or 7 times now. 

I also informed a TurboTax agent that the 2022 city refund forms did not populate correctly, as per I was told my Michigan government team in Lansing. They said their 2022 requirements are different from 2021 so I had redo my forms by hand and send them in. This is a mess. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies