turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Capital Gain

Why, on Turbo Tax, was $225 added as a Capital Gain Distribution to my " small gain" on the sale of inherited unimproved property?  I cannot find anything that explains this.  It has nothing to do with dividends or options or monies received by me during the year regarding this property. Can someone please help?  Thanks in advance!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Capital Gain

capital gain dividends are reported on schedule d if there are other capital gains/losses. otherwise, there is no schedule D but the CGD will still appear on line 7 with the notation CGD (to let the IRS know there is nos schedule D in the return) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Capital Gain

Update to earlier question:  I was finally able to trace the $225 to an entirely different transaction that did appear as a capital gain distribution.  I did not expect a dividend capital gain distribution from my 1099-DIV input interest and dividends to be combined with this sale of real estate.  Is this how it should be reported?

Capital Gain

capital gain dividends are reported on schedule d if there are other capital gains/losses. otherwise, there is no schedule D but the CGD will still appear on line 7 with the notation CGD (to let the IRS know there is nos schedule D in the return) 

Capital Gain

Thank you so much!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies