turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daze

Canadian in the US with a Green Card; Have rentail income from Canada, and RRSPS, etc.

Hi guys,

I've been paying a lot of money to the tune of 3K per year to handle my US taxes with a family of 3 (wife + kiddo + me). Problem is, even with the high cost with a CPA, they make huge mistakes. Such as the one last year, where they messed up in transmitting the returns and caused a red flag for ID theft. I checked all the 3 credit beureaus, and no new account of inquiry was made. Infact, to be safe, I blocked credit checks.

This year, they didn't ask me how much Estimated Taxes I paid, and if I hadn't asked them, I would be owing them the IRS money, instead of getting 10K back. I don't need to pay for a lousy service. 

Complicating factor is that I have a rental property in Toronto, and ofcourse, RRSP accounts, LIRA (retirement funds), etc. 

Can I use the software and/or the $299 option to get it done via Turbotax?

Thanks,

daze 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Canadian in the US with a Green Card; Have rentail income from Canada, and RRSPS, etc.

Yes.  Turbo Tax has a full service feature with experts that will do your taxes for you. If you wish to explore this option, please click on the link below.

Turbo Tax Online Features

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies