tracypeevey73

Can you put the purchase of a camper on your taxes?

jerry2000
Alumni

With kitchen, toilet, and sleeping facilities that could be treated as a second home.
You can deduct mortgage interest, points, and real estate property tax paid at closing. You report those expenses along with other mortgage interest/property taxes paid in the year at
Federal Taxes (or Personal if using Home and Business)
Deductions And Credits
choose I'll choose what I work on, if asked OR Jump to Full List
My Home

All other costs paid at closing, including transfer taxes, "stamps", escrow fees, etc., are NOT deductible from current income, instead you add them to the cost basis of your home and you will get the benefit when you sell.

jerry2000
Alumni

Does the camper have cooking facilities? toilet facilities? sleeping facilities?
tracypeevey73

yes it has a kitchen and bathroom and a separate bedroom
jerry2000
Alumni

Deductions And Credits
My Home