Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SammyWatkins80
Returning Member

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP A GIRL OUT?

Well after amending my 2019 Taxes due to a "Tax Pro" individual who was obviously not a "Pro", and after waiting for what seemed like a whole other tax year, I finally got some movement on my return (Amended), I've checked "Where's My Amended Return" via the IRS tool and I get this (Photo Below)

qqq2.png

So I thought I would be proactive, I logged onto my IRS account to check out my 2019 transcript, and I get this? (Photo Below)

PosT.png

What I have highlighted is obviously todays date, with the code of 846 (Which I looked on Google & figured out they finally approved my amended return) Since I never did direct deposit (Yeah I know I'm a little old, lol) what does that date signify?

The date they mailed the check?

Something else that I'm not getting?

And also why are there dates (Code 971 & Code 776) in the future?

And finally why is this so confusing?   🙄   🙄

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
SammyWatkins80
Returning Member

SammyWatkins80
Returning Member

SammyWatkins80
Returning Member

thank you

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

This is an IRS account transcript.  You will need to discuss this with the IRS.  2019 Amended returns got caught in the Pandemic processing cycle.  Remember the IRS shut down during that time and the Amended return was possibly late because of the USA shutdown.

However here are the codes:  Future dates are set for automatic action on the date specified.

Transaction code 846 signals a refund, plus any interest, has been approved by the IRS.  Actually, this is the date of the refund release.

776. Credit. (NPJ). I/B Generated. Interest Due. Generated. Transaction. BMF/IMF: Credits the Tax Module for the amount of

The 971 IRS code listed on a tax transcript indicates there will be changes involving their tax return. Either the IRS will conduct an additional review of your tax return or they will request additional information from the taxpayer.

All further inquiries must be made to the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies