Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Used TuboTax 20yrs; always have income from taking student teachers/workshops and never get 1099. This year you won't let me file without payer's EIN, but there isn't one

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Used TuboTax 20yrs; always have income from taking student teachers/workshops and never get 1099. This year you won't let me file without payer's EIN, but there isn't one

Are you reporting as self employment or other income (line 21)?

Can't see "Line 21" in online TurboTax, to my knowledge. If I could have, I'd have overridden the idiocy. I've been having this trouble for 10 years: I get a stipend from the university for hosting student teachers; they don't send a 1099, and I've had to ask each year where it goes because TT doesn't let me go there unless I asked. This year, I can't go there at all; and if i wanted to ask them (TT), I'd have to pay $80. For one question. That used to be "free." I'm already paying a pretty good chunk to use it.
Hal_Al
Level 15

Delete that and start over. The EIN is not needed, even if you did have a 1099. 

I tried several times and it always takes me back to insisting on a 1099. Last year for TurboTax for me.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies