Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't Get Turbo Tax to allow entering a new Product Code License

Went to load Turbo Tax Business on a second computer (as I always have) to finish e-filing returns and the discovered that it was no longer possible to e-file more than 5 Returns (Appreciate the Warning!!!).  Can mail the Federal Returns, but AZ doesn't allow any returns to be mailed - All returns must be e-filed! But you can't e-file without e-filing Federal Return.  Massive Catch 22. . .   

Bit the bullet and created a new Intuit Account (New Email and Cell Phone #) and then purchased another Turbo Tax Business license just so I could get it completed.  Have uninstalled the program 6+/- times and it won't allow me to register the new license code on the second computer.  Have cleared out everything on the second computer and still get the Five Federal Returns Limitation Message. No Matter what name I am signed in under, it loads the program and never asks for the new License Code. There isn't a Switch Product in the Help Section.   

Have been at this for hours.  Paid for the extra license, installing on separate second computer that hasn't e-filed a single return this year, and still locked down.  Never been as frustrated as I am right now.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You should probably contact Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

you could be in violation of federal law for not registering as an ERO if you e-file more than 5 returns.

perhaps the problem with the second computer is that uninstalling Turbotax Business may not uninstall the old license code.  I found that out when i had to reinstall my 1040 desktop app for 2022. I was never asked to reenter the license code but the program after update performed flawlessly.     

the other thing is AZ instructions say

The corporation must electronically submit Arizona Form unless it has one of the following:
o .......................
o It meets one of the federal exemptions from electronically filing its federal return.
o  .....................................
o  ......................................
o .....................................

these are not spelled out in any detail but the "federal exemption" one might include the situation where you reached the max of 5 e-filed returns, This is true for other states but call the department of revenue to make sure 
• If the corporation have been granted a waiver from electronically filing Arizona Form 120, or it is not required to e-file your return, mail the return to:
Arizona Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 29079
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9079
• The department requests that taxpayers include a copy of their “as-filed” federal return (i.e. federal Form(s) 1120, 1120-F, etc.) and all its schedules and attachments with their Arizona return.
o Corporations filing Arizona Form 120 electronically or by paper: To reduce the size of the return, the detail of Schedule M-3 may be omitted. In addition, it is not necessary to include copies of the following federal Forms: Form 5471, Form 8621, and Form 8858

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies