Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sgeubank

Can't file because of error in Capital Asset Sales Worksheet

My imported 1099-b shows "VARIOUS" for the holding period in the Quick Entry Table for the Capital Asset Sales Worksheet. The "Sale Results" table can't assign the S/L code column, but the summary table breaks short and long term sales down correctly. Everything seems to flow onto 8949 and Schedule D, etc. correctly, but the missing S/L code triggers an error for every sale that prevents me from e-filing. If I delete the worksheet, everything that depends on it gets messed up. Is there some way to lock the 8949 and then delete the worksheet? Do I have to override all the dependent values manually? Do I have to manually enter all the sales broken into short and long-term? Is there some way to tell TurboTax that the error is ignorable?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Can't file because of error in Capital Asset Sales Worksheet

'Various' won't work for a purchase date on an individual transaction.  And there is no way for you to override those errors.  You may be better off deleting your import and entering summary totals for your transactions and then submitting your broker statement.

@sgeubank 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies